Bengkung Belly Binding
Both emotional and physical benefits are associated with belly binding, and a wonderful way to provide new parents a chance to practice a little self care in the early postpartum period.
The Malaysian practice of wrapping the abdominal area after childbirth has proven mental and physical benefits that allow newly postpartum birthing people to help their bodies heal.
It is best done with in 3-5 days postpartum, or once the incision has healed if there was a cesarean birth. We recommend you wear the wrap 8-10 hours per day for 30-40 days.
Many Physical and Emotional Benefits
- Helps uterus return to pre-pregnancy size
- Improves posture and spinal alignment
- Alleviates back pain
- Helps heal abdominal separation
- Increases body image
- Provides some much need pampering and self-care for new parents
- Stabilizes loose ligaments
- Helps with comfortable positioning during breastfeeding sessions
- Reduces water, air, and fat in tissue by providing pressure to the area
- Gently allows organs to return to their pre-pregnancy positioning
One session and multiple sessions packages available, let us customize our care for your needs.
We sell handmade binds for $60. You may indicate a color preference, but we cannot guarantee it will be available.