Sibling Doula Support
You have your birth doula on-call and ready to support you and your partner during your pregnancy. You have your postpartum doula and postpartum plan ready to help you transition into parenthood. Your placenta encapsulation specialist is ready to provide the safest processing of your placenta. But, naturally, you have 1,000 more questions running through your head such as: who will watch my older kid while I am in labor? Who can be on-call for my birth to watch my older kids? When I go into labor, who can watch my children?
Your Sibling Doula Will!
On-Call Childcare in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill
Because of the nature of the Triangle, many of our clients do not have family in the area to watch their older children. While friends are amazing, it can be hard to have a friend who is always on call to care for your children when they themselves have their own families and own careers.
What is a Sibling Doula?
To keep it short: we do whatever you, your family, and your child(ren) need!
- We provide two prenatal playdates where we will learn about your birth plan, the role you would like your child(ren) to play in your birth, the likes and dislikes of your child(ren), and how we can best support your family
- We are on-call 24/7 at contract signing so you can be sure that someone is always available to watch your kids
- We are present and caring for your child(ren) while you are in labor and immediately following birth
- We are able to help process the laboring process, birth, and the practice of becoming a big sibling
- We are able to present with your child(ren) at the hospital or birth center if you would like them to be there, or simply remain at your home until you are ready for him or her to join you
- We provide age appropriate activities, meals, and normal sleep schedules to ensure your child(ren) stick to their normal routine as much as possible
- Most importantly, we care for you older baby so you confidently can welcome your younger baby into the world
Professional and Reliable Sibling Doulas
When you contract with Carolina Birth and Wellness, you are getting a sibling doula that is not an expert in birth and the postpartum period that help you kids under the process, but also someone that has been involved in childcare for years. In fact, one of our sibling doulas is a social worker that has focused her education and career in 0-5 development! Contact us when you are ready to schedule a complimentary consultation today!