Infant Massage Classes
Our Certified Educator of Infant Massage through Infant Massage, USA, teaches parents how to incorporate massage in their infants lives in a meaningful, positive way. Our goal is this positive touch will continue well into your child's teenage years.
Various Class Lengths
We understand the first few months can be very unpredictable. Because of that, we provide private, semi-private and group classes for your convenience. Our private and semi-private classes can be as long as you would like. Our group classes are lengths of: 1-day, 2-week and 4-week classes to work with you and your newborn’s schedule. We believe these classes give parents an opportunity to not only practice and connect with their infant, but also a chance to find support from other parents in the postpartum period. Each class will include review and instructor on infant specific massage techniques followed by a discussion related to parenthood, massage, and touch in general. Group, semi-private and private classes are available.
Benefits of Infant Massage for Babies
- Promotes bonding between parents and infant
- Helps infant learn the power of positive touch
- Begins to align infant’s circadian rhythm with that of his or her parents
- Facilities body awareness for infant
- Can provide relief for teething pain
- Improves blood circulation
- Can help with colic
- Can stimulate production of oxytocin (hormone that facilitates bonding and has a calming effect) in both parent and child
Benefits of Infant Massage for Parents
- Caregivers report feeling more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby.
- Parents learn to understand and respond to baby’s cues.
- Enhanced parent/baby bonding
- Parents learn techniques to comfort, calm and soothe their babies.
- Provides an additional avenue for close and nurturing contact.
- Reduction of depression and anxiety in Mothers
- If possible, try to feed and allow your baby to nap prior to the class so they are in a quiet, alert state for the duration of the class
- The class is baby-led so please feel free to comfort, feed, or change your baby as needed. You will be provided handouts with all the massage strokes and I am available for questions after the class.
- Due to limitations with the space, older children are welcome if they can remain supervised at all times.
- This class is open to moms, dads, partners, grandparents, nannies and any other adult that is important in your baby’s life. We do ask if more than two adults are interested in attending to please let us know.