The most popular and safest way to consume your placenta is via placenta encapsulation. During the encapsulation process, we take our time to ensure that each capsule is properly prepared to make the process of taking the capsule every day will be as easy as possible for you.
Process of Placenta Encapsulation
The two day process is always done in your home as it is the safest possible way to encapsulate. The first day, we will come to your home and begin processing your placenta. We use the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Inspired method to steam your placenta. It is then cut and placed in a dehydrated overnight. The second day, we will ensure the placenta is completely dehydrated and then begin to make a fine powder that is put into vegetarian capsules. Each capsule is hand expected to ensure that there is minimal powder on the outside, and is completely closed.
Benefits of Ingestion of Your Placenta Via Capsules
- Minimal taste: We carefully clean each capsules after making them to reduce the amount of excess powder on the outside of the capsules.
- Safe: you are consuming your placenta that is completely steamed and dehydrated , rather than a piece of raw meat in your smoothie. We do not believe eating a raw piece placenta is safe, and thus recommend the capsules to all clients. Furthermore, we are very strict about our safety guidelines for you and your baby's protection. (Read more below)
- Most effective way to consume your placenta over a 4-8 week process: When stored correctly, your placenta capsules can last a few months. During the initial postpartum period, it can be helpful to have a daily boost from your placenta capsules.
- All of the amazing physical benefits: restoring iron levels, balancing postpartum hormones, increasing milk supply and many more.
Safety of Placenta Capsules
- Capsules are Vegetarian: unlike some gelatin, our capsules are 100% vegetarian and thus safe for all diets.
- We only use the TCM Method of preparation: The steaming of the placenta causes any external bacteria to be killed, while also heating the inside of the placenta to the recommended temperature for safety. The capsules then contain the dehydrated placenta after it has been fully steamed.
- Capsules contain only completely dehydrated placenta: with no moisture from your dehydrated placenta present, you can be sure that your capsules will not mold or have mildew present
- The capsules never come into contact with your raw placenta: Because of how we organize our supplies, the capsules are only brought out on the second day after your placenta has been steamed and completely dehydrated. With having no contact with your raw placenta, you can be sure they are completely sterile prior to being filled.
- Left over capsules are never reused: prior to making the capsules, we fill a small bowl with the amount of capsules we think we will need. Even though we have gotten pretty good at estimating how many we will need, sometimes we have a few extras. Those extras are always thrown away, and never resumed for another client. This process ensures your capsules have never come in contact with any prior placenta.
Directions for Taking Your Placenta Capsules
- Days 1-5: 2 capsules, 3 times per day
- Days 6-10: 2 capsules, 2 times per day
- Days 10+: 2 capsules, 1 time per day
- Store in a cool, dry place (not the refrigerator).
- You may set aside 10-20 pills for your first postpartum menstrual cycle, these may be stored in the freezer.
- Adapt your dosage as needed, this may include taking an extra capsule one day, or skipping a dose
- Consider taking with food to reduce the risk of an upset stomach.
- Do not take more than 9 capsules in a 24 hour period
- In the case of a headache or oversupply, decrease the dosage.
- Do not take during times of illness or infection.
- When you notice that you are near the end of your supply, gradually decrease in your intake of capsules
- After 6 weeks, double bag any remaining capsules and store into a deep freezer to prolong freshness.